Job Title: Program Manager
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Berlin, Germany
Salary Range: €40k-50k + global profit share
Start Date: Q1 2015
Applications Close: 31st Jan 2015
It’s pretty simple, really.
Techstars arms the world’s most promising startups with its massive interconnected network of successful entrepreneurs, mentors, investors, and corporations to help them do more faster. Building this amazing network is our true north, and why we exist.
Techstars is widely considered the gold standard for startup accelerators. With 15 programs worldwide, our mentorship-driven accelerator program funds the best companies in the most entrepreneurial communities. Since 2006, over 70% of the 500 companies from almost 40 Techstars programs have received funding, representing approximately $750 million in venture capital and $2 billion in total valuation.
Job Title: Program Manager
Are you insanely organized? Do you love crossing things off your to-do list? Are you an inbox zero person? Do others think you’re the social chair of your community? Do you love working with people? Do you always send thank you cards? Do you want to work in a fast paced, energized, slightly irreverent, entrepreneurial community? Then we have the job for you!
Along with the Managing Director, the Program Manager (“PM”) is tasked with the success of a particular Techstars program. This opportunity affords high visibility and responsibility as the PM works side by side with a prominent Managing Director, helping early stage companies through the Techstars mentorship driven accelerator model.
The Program Manager is responsible for the administrative duties, operations, and the execution of the program from the pre-program stage, through the program, and the post-program stage. They keep the trains running on time. During the “off-season” (not running a program), PMs have responsibilities/objectives that benefit the entire Techstars ecosystem. Logistics experience as well as familiarity with the early stage venture backed company ecosystem is preferred. A willingness to learn and comfort tackling new problems is a must. We are looking for a Program Manager to grow with Techstars as a global organization. This position is full time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Engage with Techstars founders and coordinate activities, meetings and events that drive them toward success
– Manage relationships and coordinate scheduling of mentors
– Manage relationships with Local and Global sponsors of Techstars
– Follow best practices and execute upon outlined content and curriculum of the program
– Share new best practices with the Techstars team globally as you identify areas for innovation and improvement
– Calendar management (mentors, talks, events, general programming)
– Event planning
– Recruit companies, vet applications, and assist the Managing Director with company selection
– Recruit and manage Techstars Associates and Hackstars
– Represent Techstars in local community, both actively and passively
– Service the Techstars network overall on and off-season: sherpa new PDs and PMs, assist in other programs, work on strategic initiatives and develop meaningful and beneficial relationships across the Techstars ecosystem
– 2-5 years in fast-paced project or program management focused position
– Strong interest and discourse competence around technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital
– Proven attention to detail through prior work or life experience
– Experience in event planning and event logistics
– Comfortable with a variety of responsibilities – PMs make investments and wipe down tables!
– Comfortable with a minimal amount of direction but high expectations
– Fits the Techstars culture (people-oriented, adaptable, supportive, creative)
– Working knowledge of German is advantageous
Perks and Compensation:
– Competitive salary commensurate with experience
– Complete benefit package including global profit sharing
– Travel as it relates to position responsibilities (recruiting at conferences, yearly Foundercon conference, training, etc)
– Expense account
– Deep exposure to Techstars’ network of 5000+ top caliber entrepreneurs, investors, mentors and corporations
Techstars is excited to bring a Program Manager on the team that will help take this program to the next level. If you’re interested, we’d love to have a conversation with you about the position.
If you are interested in the role, please send a CV to: email@example.com
Techstars is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.